The Venturi flowmeter is based on a classical Venturi tube, an engineered primary flow element for a most efficient and accurate differential pressure (DP) flow measurement. Thanks to its design, it has an excellent resistance to wear and doesn’t require any maintenance. The service life of the Venturi element is usually equal to the one of the entire plant. It is therefore often the ideal choice in live steam applications of power plants, wet gas flow measurement in natural gas production or CO2 injection, flow measurement of hydrocarbons and LNG as well as in gas-to-liquid processes and refineries. KROHNE offers the complete flowmeter assembly with the Venturi tube, DP transmitter, valves, accessories, engineering, testing and documentation from a single source.
Product features and options depend on device configuration: Contact us to make sure that your preferred functionality can be combined in one device.
- Flowmeter assembly for the highest requirements of accuracy and long-term stability
- Only short straight inlet/outlet pipe sections required
- Very low remaining pressure drop
- Fully machined or welded/machined design for perfect surface conditions and flow performance
- Manufacturing and calibration capabilities up to 48"
- Special 20-point calibration at high Reynolds-numbers possible (e.g. acc. to ASME PTC)
- Specific versions for acceptance testing, wet gas, geothermal steam, CO2 hydrocarbons and others available
- Reduced engineering, commissioning and installation costs
- Reduced TCO due to reduced need for recalibration in the field through advanced 3-D linearised OPTIBAR DP transmitters
- Complete flowmeter solution with Venturi tube, DP transmitter, flow computer, valves, accessories, engineering, testing and documentation from a single source
- Redundancy available (1oo2, 2oo3)
- HART®7, Foundation fieldbus and Profibus-PA communication options
- SIL 2/3 certified versions
- Ex ia, Ex d approvals
- International references with renowned EPCs